Q: Power steering malfunction

My car has power steering issues. The steering wheel wouldn't turn at all while I'm going in reverse. Also, it is very difficult to move it when I put it in drive and try to run the car forward. What could be causing this?

There are multiple issues that could cause this power steering failure. On a hydraulic power steering system, the power steering pump, hoses, or rack and pinion assembly could all cause the steering wheel to be very difficult to turn if these parts have failed in any way.

A low fluid level in your power steering system would also contribute to this symptom you are having. I would recommend having your steering system checked by a qualified professional to determine if any leaks or failed power steering parts are present. If any faulty parts are found, replace them as necessary in order to resolve your power steering issue.

3. Power steering malfunction