Q: I can feel a shimmy in the wheel

asked by on February 03, 2016

I believe my CV boot, half axle, or ball joints need repair. When I look underneath my jeep, I can see that the rubber seal is broken. Also, when I drive, I feel a shimmy in the wheel.

If you can see that the rubber seals are torn, the component will need replaced as the internal lubrication is seeping out. The joints are under extreme pressure and need adequate lubrication to sustain integrity. If the joint gets dried out it will wear out and give an unpleasant handling (shimmy) I suggest having a trained technician, like one from YourMechanic, inspect and repair the steering wheel issue.