Q: Car won't pass smog due to computer code P0420 - 2006 Volkswagen Rabbit

So it should be an O2 sensor or catalytic converter

This code is related to the catalytic converter. As you may know, the catalytic converter is a section of your exhaust system that helps to complete the combustion process when excess unburnt fuel gases pass through the exhaust. Due to the amount and toxicity of the gases that pass through here, this can become clogged from time to time. When this is not working properly or clogged, it can cause the car to not run properly, and as a result will not pass smog for obvious reasons. If you need to have this checked, a certified pro from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to inspect the code thoroughly and let you know what needs repair.

• Car won't pass smog due to computer code P0420 - 2006 Volkswagen Rabbit