Q: Oil Change timing

I have a "oil" plan that pays for my oil changes every 5,000 miles and when I get an oil change the sticker states 3,000 miles. Are there different oil type of oil changes that last longer or is it just two different time recommendations? Which one is correct?

Your vehicle has an on board, computerized oil life indicator system. When the system determines that an oil change is actually needed, the oil life indicator will provide a maintenance message (see your Owner’s Manual for further and complete details). This on board system, which is incredibly useful and very reliable, determines the oil change interval based on YOUR unique driving conditions, including engine revolutions, engine temperature, and miles driven. Based on driving conditions, the mileage at which an oil change is indicated can vary considerably. When the system has calculated that oil life has been diminished, it indicates that an oil change must be performed. Under ideal driving conditions (e.g., all highway, few stops, no short trips) it is possible that the oil life system might indicate that an oil change is not necessary for up to a year. HOWEVER, the engine oil and filter must be changed at least once a year no matter what and, importantly, every time the oil and filter is changed, the oil life indicator system must be reset so that the computer can re-start its calculation of service life remaining. There are no other legitimate or alternative sources of advice regarding oil change intervals on this vehicle other than that, just provided, that come straight from the manufacturer. In practice, oil changes as frequent as 3,000, and often even 5,000 miles, on this vehicle would be unusual.

3. Oil Change timing