Q: When do I replace my struts/shocks? They've never been replaced.

asked by on September 07, 2016

I've recently given my wonderful 2012 Chevy Equinox 6cylinder AWD, with 116,000 miles, the complete once over. New tires, brakes, trans flush, radiator flush, oil change, Even changed the differential fluid changed in front and Back. So, now do I need to replace the struts and shocks?

The suspension should be inspected at every regular service. You should only replace the struts and shocks if it’s necessary. There is no set scheduled interval to replace them. They usually last 6 to 10 years in your case they may only last another year. This is why you have them inspected. If you changed them every 6 years it would not be a bad thing as it may even improve your ride. For peace of mind, have one of our mobile technicians inspect your suspension system firsthand and help you replace components that are necessary. Best of luck.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $65/hr