Q: What does the AdvanceTrac® Off light mean in the dash?

What does the AdvanceTrac® Off light mean in the dash?

A: The AdvanceTrac® system is Ford’s stability...

The AdvanceTrac® system is Ford’s stability and traction control solution for your car. It’s automatically turned on every time you start the engine. The system is designed to help provide better traction during driving on slippery roads (rain, snow, etc.).

However, you can control if the system is on or not. Pressing the Off button will turn on the AdvanceTrac® Off light in the dash; it looks just like the AdvanceTrac® light, but includes the word “Off” underneath the picture of the car. To turn the system back on, just press the Off button again. It will also automatically turn back on the next time you crank the engine, even if you’ve manually turned it off.