Q: Car keeps stalling car, I think it's the fuel pump

Hi, so this is what my car does and I've did an experiment on it because I feel like I finally know what the problem is. My car will stall out about a mile or 2 no more than three miles of driving when I get to a stop light , stop sign or slow down. What also happens is that the battery light will come on. I have to put the car in park . Turn it off and then turn it back on, works fine. I believe it's the fuel pump . Because when I go to get gas , the car stalls for about 2-3 mins but now it has been going on longer. So in my experiment, I've kept my car full and didn't let it go pass half for 2 weeks, only stalled on me once and I had a full tank. Now I have under a full tank and it has repeatedly done that. Have I found the solution and need to replace my fuel pump?

Hello - I applaud your diagnostic skills! You have certainly identified a classic failure mode of a fuel pump with extended mileage such as yours. Your fuel pump is located in the tank and is cooled by the gasoline there. With a half tank (or less) of gas, the fuel pump isn’t being cooled as well. A worn pump generates more heat and will stop working when it gets too hot. Well done! I would recommend having a professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, replace your fuel pump to repair this problem.

3. Car keeps stalling car, I think it's the fuel pump