Q: how much does it cost to do a 2008 chevy impala engine swap

asked by on June 30, 2017

The car was working until recently when it stopped working, i recently had the transmission replaced but the other week the car started making clicking sounds from the engine and then the other day the sound from car became louder and stopped accelerating even if the gas pedal was pressed all the was down

Loss of power Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

Prior to replacing the whole engine, you should obtain a diagnosis of both the loss of power issue and the noise. There are some noises that originate from accessories and there are also noises from the valve train and repair of such falls far short of the need to replace the engine and thus would be much less costly. If you request an engine loss of power diagnostic, a certified mechanic will let you know exactly what is going on both with the lack of acceleration and the noise. To give you an initial idea, although there are many possibilities, a partial list of causes of loss of power would include oxygen sensors, fuel pump and/or filter, vacuum leaks, ignition system malfunctions, bad valve timing if the timing belt or chain is worn or skipped, blocked exhaust (e.g., catalytic converter fails or become clogged), airflow sensor, throttle position sensor, and so forth. Whatever the cause, if you request the engine loss of power diagnostic, the certified mechanic will get this resolved. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $65/hr