Q: Engine overheats, heater blows out cold air, coolant boils in radiator

My engine overheats and the coolant boils and the heater in my truck blows straight cold air. I at one point drained my coolant completely with the plug on the bottom of the radiator and seen that it was dirty. I'm wondering what it could be? Do a thermostat replacement? Do a radiator complete flush? Or do both thermostat replacement and complete radiator flush?

• Engine overheats, heater blows out cold air, coolant boils in radiator