Q: Car only drives in Reverse

asked by on February 28, 2016

I was driving and white smoke started coming from under the hood. So I shut the car off and waited. When I restarted the car, it would not drive forward, only in reverse.

Car is hard to shift Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

With the symptoms you have described, the most likely cause is a leak in the transmission. When the fluid level changes drastically, the transmission loses the ability to pump fluid and transfer power. A qualified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, will be able to diagnose your transmission and determine what repairs are needed.