Q: Hello, I have a 2010 Mercedes c300. Lately each time I put gas the car won’t start until I keep pushing gas pedal. Code p2422

asked by on December 02, 2017

Lately each time I put gas the car won’t start until I keep pushing gas pedal while car is turning over. Code p2422 , p0174,p0171 is what autozone printed out on a paper for me. Any advice is appreciated .

The codes (P0174, P0171) indicate insufficient fuel relative to the air charge (i.e., lean operation). Lean operation can be caused by a faulty fuel pressure regulator, a weak fuel pump, a clogged fuel filter, a faulty powertrain control module (not likely though), a vacuum leak, faulty injector(s), faulty oxygen sensor(s), and/or a faulty mass air flow sensor. The other code, P2422, relates to a fault in the evaporative emissions control system. The manipulation of the gas pedal, and apparent success in starting when you do that, is not necessarily related to the hard starting. It might be mere coincidence and the real issue is lack of fuel. The lean condition should be resolved first and then Code P2422. If you want the required diagnostic steps performed by a certified Mechanic, dispatched by YourMechanic right to your location, please request a check engine light diagnostic and the responding certified mechanic will get this taken care of for you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.