Q: Does not always work. Can play with ignition and sometimes will work.

asked by on October 25, 2016

Ignition switch does not always start or shuts off when driving makes no noise when turning on

Ignition Switch Replacement $160.91 - $807.33 Get a Quote
Car is not starting Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

If your ignition switch is malfunctioning, I would recommend having it tested and replaced if necessary. It is important to have this job performed professionally to avoid any potential mistakes. Sometimes ignition switches have many small pieces called tumblers that have to be installed in exactly the correct position in order for it to work. I would recommend having a certified professional, like one from YourMechanic, inspect the starting problem so that this can be corrected.