Q: 1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse running rich

My 1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse is running rich—minus ten percent long-term fuel filter. While cruising it’s even worse—minus 15 to 25 percent when at idle, causing low idling and stalling. My TPS reads 13 percent when closed and only reaches 75 when fully open. Could a TPS cause a rich position?

A: It certainly can. My experience with those ...

It certainly can. My experience with those Mitsubishis is that they have a lot of problems with the fuel injectors when they get old.

First, I would have a mechanic clean the fuel injectors. Sometimes, it’s that simple. Knowing Mitsubishi Eclipse, a lot of times, their main computers just go bad and they give the wrong data to the injectors and clog the system out. That often happens on Mitsubishis. If you need help getting this issue resolved, a technician from YourMechanic can visit your home or office to diagnose your car's stalling issue to make sure that the correct repair is done promptly and effectively.