Q: 2011 ford escape gear shift wont more from park to drive from time to time.

asked by on February 04, 2017

there has been times when I get in my car and i start it up,when I am ready to put into drive the gear shift wont more to drive, I have to try a few times for it to finally move to drive, it happens at times but not all the time.

Hi there. The interlock solenoid in the shifter housing is not working and is causing the shifter to stay locked in the park position. This solenoid works with the brake switch. Check the brake switch and see if there is any loose connections. If the brake switch is working, then I recommend replacing the shifter interlock solenoid. If you need further assistance with your shifter issue, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.