Q: Electrical problems

My car seems to be having electrical issues. I have to unplug the front seat controls that move the front seats backward and forward in order for the battery not to go dead after turning the engine off. If I leave the front seat electrical plugged in, the car will not start.

The seat switch would need to be checked for a short to the power which is keeping the switch engaged in one direction or another. I recommend having a mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, come check the system to diagnose your seats for you to check the switch and see why the short is happening. If needed, they will be able to replace the power seat switch in order to have this issue resolved.