Q: no acceleration when pushing the gas pedal down (even to the floor)

Car has issues when accelerating to the on ramp, driving in town is fine. accelerating up to high speeds is the problem here. hope this helps

This may be related to a faulty mass air flow sensor or potentially a bad throttle position sensor. The mass air flow sensor monitors air as it enters the intake system allowing for the proper amount of fuel to be mixed with it as it is injected into the motor. When this is not working properly, this causes an imbalanced load of fuel and air to be supplied to the motor causing it to hesitate as you describe. A faulty throttle position sensor may also cause this type of hesitation to accelerate. The throttle position sensor monitors your foot position on the gas pedal and relays this info to the computer directing the fuel injection to provide more or less fuel to the engine. If you need assistance, a certified YourMechanic technician can be dispatched to your location to inspect your vehicle’s acceleration issues and suggest any repairs necessary.