Q: Many oil questions

Hi there I was wondering if I could use a “lighter” oil in my car for it to warm-up and run better on cold starts and days. What is the oil number/code for a 2018 Elantra sedan and if I want to use a lighter oil, what oil number can I use? Is this true if I use a lighter oil it will help the engine to run while it’s cold? Is synthetic light and good for winter? Or can I just use regular oil but a lighter one? My engine makes a weird noise while driving it when it’s cold. I hope I was able to clarify my question Cheers from NYC!

You can use 5w20, 5w30 or 10w30 oils in this engine. The lower numbers are for colder climates or winter months use 5w20.

3. Many oil questions