Q: My car alarm is going off for no reason

asked by on December 25, 2016

The alarm keeps going off for no reason its in my garage and goes off for no reason

Hi there. Check the sensibility of the car alarm. If the car alarm is set to a slight vibration and can pick up light vibrations, then check around the garage that would contribute to a light vibration. That may be the reason for the alarm to be going off all the time. Try to turn off the alarm and if you are able to shut it off, go drive the car out of the garage and park it outside with the garage door shut. Set the car alarm and see if it tends to go off. If the alarm does not go off, then there is something in the garage that is triggering the alarm, like a small vibration or a small rodent. If the alarm continues to go off outside, then there could be a sensor that is broken or a door switch could have failed causing the alarm to trigger as if the door was unlocked. If you need further assistance with your car alarm triggering by it self, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.