Q: Unresponsive wheels accompanied by grinding and shuddering - 2015 Acura TLX

My car has close to 19,000 miles on it. The problem I've been having occurs intermittently. Although it doesn't happen very often, it is a safety concern as I once almost had an accident. Ocassionally when I drive, the car would start going to the right. When I attempt to make it go staright, the wheels are unresponsive. This is followed by car shuddering, and the grinding noises that come from the rear end. At this point, the car would correct itself and continue running normally. This pulling to the right and all subsequent problems have been occuring at various speeds, at driving straight as well as while turning. Do you have any idea what might be causing this?

A: Hi! That seems to be a very unsual issue on...

Hi! That seems to be a very unsual issue on a vehicle with such low miles. I’m curious what the Acura dealer service department said about this. Being that your TLX is so new and covered under warranty, I suggest talking with the service manager about it, if you haven’t already. You can also ask to have someone from the service department go for a ride with you to feel/hear your concern. A very thorough undercar inspection is needed to inspect all steering & suspension hardware as well as brakes components. There have been some issues with the transmission on the Acura TLX (which the manufacturer is aware of) and Acura dealers current inability to fix it right. If you would like, a certified technician from YourMechanic can come to your home or office and inspect your transmission as well as steering and suspension.