Q: Car hesitates and then jerks to go into first gear

When come to a stop and then proceed to go, it hesitates and then does a quick jerk and after that it continues to go and shift fine until I slow down or stop again.

A: Hi, thanks for writing in. There is a - Tec...

Hi, thanks for writing in. There is a - Technical Service Bulletin regarding problems with the transmission control module and harsh shifting such as you are experiencing (TSB # 303773). Check with your Chevrolet service department to discuss how this applies to your vehicle and its current issues. The other possibility for the behavior you see is the failure of the torque converter lockup clutch to release as vehicle speed drops below about 35 mph. The lockup clutch engages at about 40-45 mph, and improves fuel efficiency by eliminating slippage in the torque converter above those speeds. It should release without notice as you are coasting down to a stop. Your Chevrolet dealer or any reputable transmission shop can check for this diagnosis as well. Hope this helps and best of luck.