Q: I was driving on high way and my car started shaking and smoking

I was driving my car on the high way and it started shaking and smoking

Hello, thank you for writing in. The vehicle was likely shaking because the engine was not able to complete its combustion cycles properly. This can happen when the spark plugs become soiled, the fuel supply gets cut off, the engine can not bring in or push out air, and if sensors are messing with the computer’s regulations. The first objective would be to find what was smoking. It may have been caused by a leak on the hot engine, or it could have been more serious. Did you smell anything identifiable, such as fuel, oil, or a sweet smell? Check the fluid levels to see what is low and if something was leaking. When doing this look for any obvious damages. Check your spark plugs and look for signs of oil. Continue to look for signs of what system, gasket, connection, or component has failed.

3. I was driving on high way and my car started shaking and smoking