Q: Car makes weird noise and stops. Now won't move.

My car was making a weird noise and stopped all of a sudden. I can turn the vehicle on and it keeps running, but it does not accelerate. I put transmission fluid in the vehicle and was able to drive in forward and reverse, but then it stopped moving. I also noticed that the fluid was leaking.

Hi, thanks for the question. This is a serious problem and you should shut the car off immediately to risk damaging your transmission further as it may already be to late. The loss of fluid and your car not moving is an indicator that we have a serious problem with your automatic transmission. You are going to want to seek the help of a professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic. They will have all the right tools and know-how to diagnose and repair your car’s issues.