Q: When I hit the brakes it makes a weird noise.

I hit the brakes and the petal feels like it is shuttering. I've replaced the brakes and abs switch.

Hello. Shuddering or pulsating at the brake pedal can be caused by a few things. The first thing I would do is carefully examine the rotors. If they show any signs of severe wear, it may be possible that they are out of round, and are causing the pulsation in the brake pedal. Sometimes even rotors that appear to be in okay condition, can be out of round, especially if the vehicle has been put through a few heavy braking situations, such as panic stops.

Faulty wheel bearings, suspension, or brake components can also cause shuddering in the brake pedal. I would recommend having a professional technician, like one from YourMechanic, drive, and carefully examine pulsating brake pedal to determine if any parts need to be replaced.

3. When I hit the brakes it makes a weird noise.