Q: Will it cause any problems to mix Dexcool with my regular green coolant. 1993 Ford Escort

asked by on December 27, 2016

I put 16oz of dexcool in side the reserve 93 ford escort but it had green antifreeze in the radiator will that mess my engine up

Cooling System Flush $178.82 - $224.54 Get a Quote

Hi there. It is not advisable to mix these two coolants together as they will tend to react with each other and cause some build up in the cooling system. Being that you only added 16 ounces you should be fine. If possible it would be a good idea to drain out the system and refill it, but you will be fine if you leave it in there. If you want to have your coolant changed, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to you to [change your coolant] https://www.yourmechanic.com/services/cooling-system-flush