Q: Car won't start after cleaning battery

I had to jump my car to get it started after I had the battery cleaned.

The battery terminal connections should be inspected since they were serviced recently. These are often left loose, or even applied too tightly. Allow me to explain:

Some people tend to turn the securing fasteners on batteries until they cannot turn any further. Since the terminals are made of a thin metal, the first time on will make for a very secure connection, but it stretches the wire terminal. Once removed again, the stretched wire terminal will never be as tight, causing a loose connection which may drain the battery - even with a working alternator.

My suggestion is to have an experienced mechanic, like the ones at YourMechanic, run a full diagnostic on your battery and cables to pinpoint the problem and suggest the most appropriate repair.