Q: Car shaking and smoking

My car is shaking and smoke comes out of the hood, when i turn my ac on i can smell burning. No dashboard lights are on and i have checked my fluids, all is fine. What could it be?

A: Hi there. The shaking and smoking issue you...

Hi there. The shaking and smoking issue you’re experiencing may be caused by a fuel leak. Typically, if you look at your fluids or under the hood and can’t see anything leaking, such as coolant, oil, or power steering fluid, the leak may be fuel related. Leaking fuel flow can also cause the engine to stumble and vibrate. Before you continue to drive or to avoid further damage, it might be a good idea to contact a local mechanic to complete an inspection of the engine shaking issue. This will allow them to verify the source of your issues and determine what’s causing this problem.