Q: Can you just replace the clutch on the AC compressor or do you have to replace the whole thing?

asked by on November 28, 2016

AC compressor pully is froze up, can we just replace the clutch on it? I don't care if the AC works I just want the pully to turn so it will run

AC Compressor Replacement $672.08 - $2753.22 Get a Quote

Yes you can just replace the clutch pulley on the a/c compressor. The issue that you may have is the pulley bearing seized up and may have spun on the front of the compressor nose cone and will damage it. You may not be able to get the old pulley off and if you do the new one will not seat and hold on the front of compressor and will wobble throwing off belt. Have the pulley removed and then see the front of the compressor the shape it is in. You may need to replace compressor.