Q: Car won't start.leaking coolant antifreeze out of drain hose.changed coolant tank cause had a crack in it.now car won't start

asked by on July 20, 2016

Coolant tank had a crack in it. I replaced the coolant tank.filled it back up with antifreeze.took for a test drive to auto parts store..turned car off to put more antifreeze in it..tried to start car but won't start.. antifreeze started to shoot out of the coolant tank drain hose and leak everywhere

Car is not starting Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

Hi there. There are several reasons why you might be experiencing overheating issues with your car. However, without knowing the vehicle details, it’s hard to give you a good diagnosis. It could be the water pump, bad thermostat, an air bubble in the coolant lines, or a blown head gasket in the worst case.

The best thing I can recommend for you is to contact a local ASE certified mechanic to inspect the vehicle’s starting issue and determine what needs to be fixed.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr