Q: oil leaking and smoke coming from engine

asked by on October 27, 2016

So im having a problem with my oil leaking and what's happening is the oil leaks and its making smoke come from the engine really bad and i was trying to see what that can be.

The source of the oil leak may be near a hot component like the exhaust manifold. If the engine valve cover or the crankcase ventilation system is leaking oil, it may run down the side of the engine to the exhaust and start to burn. If you need assistance, a certified YourMechanic technician can be dispatched to your location to help inspect your vehicle’s oil leak and diagnose any repairs necessary.