Q: How long should tires last?

How long should tires last?

A: Tires are expensive, and you want them to l...

Tires are expensive, and you want them to last as long as possible. However, there are lots of different factors that go into determining tire life, most of which are out of the hands of the manufacturer. Here are some very common things that can reduce tire life:

• Driving Habits: If you start and stop the car hard, or hit curbs, your tires will not last as long.

• Inflation: Not having your tires properly inflated will definitely reduce tire life.

• Heavy Loads: If you regularly carry heavy loads in your car, your tire life will be reduced.

Tip

Replace all tires after 10 years, including the spare (rubber will rot and degrade naturally over time).