Q: Charging system indicator light and electric power steering light on, car is a 2008 honda civics hybrid. What does this indicate?

Earlier tonight I double parked my car outside as I finished a conversation with my boyfriend. The car was off but I kept the hazard lights on as I was double parked. After about 10 minutes, I tried to start the car again and it wouldn't kick. The interior lights were still coming on but the car would not start. About 30 minutes later I tried again and this time the engine kicked but I could tell it was very weak, the dashboard lights were flickering. The car remained on for long enough that I could see two dashboard warning lights : the charging system indicator light and the electric power steering light. What could this mean? I appreciate your time to review and answer my question!

The engine starting battery is very weak or bad and should be tested to see if the engine alternator is charging the battery or the battery is bad and needs replaced. The fact that the alternator light is on is and indication the alternator is not charging the battery. Have the systems checked by a mechanic like one from YourMechanic come and check the car for you.

3. Charging system indicator light and electric power steering light on, car is a 2008 honda civics hybrid. What does this indicate?