Q: My car won’t accelerate passed 20mph but the RPM accelerated all the way to 7 or higher . One day my heat went out

asked by on February 13, 2018

It started when my car heat went out all of a sudden then a few days later the heat came bck in and then left again . Now my car won’t accelerate passed 20mph but the rmp rises all the way up .

Car is hard to shift Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

If engine speed is steadily increasing but the car is not travelling faster, there is something amiss with the transmission. Perhaps the transmission is not shifting out of the low gears. The recommended service to get the underlying fault pinpointed is a transmission shift diagnostic. If you request that service, the responding certified mechanic will get this issue diagnosed, and repaired as needed, right at your location. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic because we want you to make the most of your repair dollars and help you to get the best possible results.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr