Q: Front end began shaking and engine light flashes.

On the way home the Jeep began shaking and ticking in front end when accelerating or in park, engine light started flashing at same time. A friend tested spark plugs and coil they are fine, after 20 miles the car will no longer start. 60 miles prior 2 of my tires were slashed how do I check for fowl play. The engine sounds dry and turns over very hard like it wants to seize up.

Car is shaking or vibrating Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hi there. Check the engine oil level on the dipstick. If there is no oil on the dipstick, then the engine began shaking due to lack of lubrication. If the oil is full, then something inside the engine broke causing the engine to shake and bind up. Now, if your tires were slashed, then look to see the direction of the slash. If the slash is the same and has a edge to it, then it was done on purpose, however, tires can naturally cause the outside sidewall to split making it look like a slash, but the wires to the tires are still intact. I recommend seeking out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you with your engine shaking and examine the tires.