Q: Starting problems on a 2005 Honda Pilot

I've got an 'O5 Honda Pilot. In the morning, the carfor some reason has trouble starting. I checked the EGR valve, the water pump, the fuel pump. It sounds fine. The battery and the starter are all fine.

If it cranks but it doesn’t start, I’ve got a video "fixing the car that cranks but doesn’t start." You’d want to do all those tests. Check the fuel pump pressure and check if you are getting spark to the spark plugs. There are a lot of tests that you can do. Watch that video.

Now, generally, the EGR valves can’t keep them from starting, unless it’s really stuck wide open and sucks too much air. But on those Hondas, they are the other way around. They generally plug up and don’t suck in the air and then start perfectly fine when those valves go bad on Honda. If you need this looked at, a technician, such as one from YourMechanic, can inspect your car’s starting issue to see if there are any pressing repairs that are needed.

3. Starting problems on a 2005 Honda Pilot