Q: car makes noise on cold startups/oil question

Sometimes on cold startups my car makes a grinding noise, does not sound like a starter problem. It sounds like if something is not getting enough oil or something along those lines. It only happens when I haven't used it for a long time or if it's really cold outside. Can I do something to prevent that noise, maybe a little thicker oil? It does lose/waste oil when I have used it for a while. Thanks

Today’s multi-viscosity oils do start off with a low viscosity during very low temperatures. There are aftermarket solutions you can add to your oil, such as oil stabilizers and anti-wear additives. High mileage oil for vehicles nearing six figures is another example. Though many do make a difference, gravity does a very good job at pulling all of the oil into the pan after the car has been sitting a while. This causes a dry start situation where oil has not reached the engines components just yet and you’re hearing them rattle together. We must first consider proper oil level, as a low level of oil and improper grade can cause an environment the engine was not designed for. Consult an expert mobile mechanics, such as one from YourMechanic, for an up close and personal diagnosis and higher resolution analysis.

3. car makes noise on cold startups/oil question