Q: I put it in reverse and it went forward. I then put it in drive and it went in reverse. Why would this happen?

I put my car in reverse it went forward, I then put i then put it in drive and it went backwards. what would make that happen

Hi and thanks for contacting YourMechanic. Check the shifter cable to the transmission and make sure that the cable is hooked up correctly. What seems to be happening is either the shifter cable is not attached to the transmission correctly or the valve body (transmission control module) has a major leak and needs repaired or replaced. If you need further assistance diagnosing your vehicle, then seek out a professional, such as one from YourMechanic, to pinpoint the cause of the shifting problem and advise you on repairs.

3. I put it in reverse and it went forward. I then put it in drive and it went in reverse. Why would this happen?