Q: Air bubbling in coolant reservoir when car is starting /running.

asked by on December 11, 2016

Air bubbling in coolant reservoir/tank when car starts/running. Recently had broken radiator hose replaced. Car shakes when running

When the radiator hose was broken, did the vehicle overheat and did it overheat bad enough to cause a failure of the cylinder head gasket? When the new hose is replaced, air must be purged from the system and you will see air escaping the reservoir for a period of time while the system purges. If the engine is shaking from a misfire, the cause for the misfire must be determined whether it is worn spark plugs, a fuel problem or low compression from a failed cylinder head gasket. Consider hiring an experienced technician like one from YourMechanic who can come out and take a closer inspection of the vehicles cooling system to offer a more personal diagnosis.