Q: Automatic door not opening - 2013 Infiniti FX37

I was coming back to the car with bags of groceries and my automatic door in the back wouldn’t open. It was such a pain with all of my heavy bags of food! It usually works when I touch the button on my Intelligent key, but it isn’t working now. Do you have any suggestions? How can I fix this? Thank you.

Hello. If your rear power liftgate is no longer functioning, the first thing I would do is check to make sure that the liftgate power button is activated. The button is located on the instrument panel, and displays a picture of a vehicle with the rear liftgate open. If this switch is turned off, both the opener switch, and the button on the liftgate will not function. If the switch is indeed activated, I would then move onto examining the rear hatch actuator or motor, and the actual switch on the hatch. If either of those are faulty, the liftgate will not operate properly. A thorough inspection of the hatch and those components would be recommended in order to determine what the exact nature of the problem may be.

3. Automatic door not opening - 2013 Infiniti FX37