Q: My mini r53 makes a weird sound from the front suspension when driving over rough roads at low speed.

asked by on March 17, 2018

My mini r53 makes a weird sound from the front suspension when driving over rough roads at low speed. The noise sounds like it might be coming from the front struts.

Strut Assembly Replacement $246.39 - $2106.94 Get a Quote

You’re probably right. The most common noise to come from the front struts comes from the thrust bearings. The thrust bearings support the weight of the car at the top of the struts and allow the struts to turn easily. when the car gets a few miles on it, they develop some play and make a knocking noise while you drive over bumps. The only thing for them is replacement. The struts have to be taken out so strut replacement is part of the job. You can have that conveniently done by contacting YourMechanic. They can send a technician to your home or office to replace your McPherson struts right there on the spot.