Q: My car is leaking light brownish half dollar size kind of right under the glove compartment is for almost 2 weeks

Been noticing it and have been trying to look up what or how this leak has occurred or reading up online about possible problems....VALVE COVER GASKET LEAK, PCV DIAPHRAM TORN, VACUUM FAILURE, MASS AIR FLOW SENSOR NEEDS TO BE CLEANED FROM CARBON BUILS UP, INTAKE MANIFOLD FAULTY, MAP SENSOR DIRTY, THROTTLE BODY FAILING OR NEEDS TO BE CLEANED! SO MANY POSSIBILITIES AND I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO...HELP!!

Hello. There are a few common causes for a light brown leak. You did not mention whether the leak was under the car or inside, so I will provide an answer to both.

• If the leak is outside the vehicle on the ground, it is most likely oil. Common causes for an oil leak would be oil pan, valve cover gasket, and rear main seal.

• If the leak is inside the vehicle, then it is probably water or coolant. Possible causes of a leak inside the vehicle are the AC evaporator core, or the heater core. Both are inside the dash and can leak into the cabin sometimes.

A qualified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, will be able to diagnose the leak and perform any repairs required.

3. My car is leaking light brownish half dollar size kind of right under the glove compartment is for almost 2 weeks