Q: Can I put in a motor from a different model car?

Can I put a 2005 ford Taurus motor in a 2005 Ford freestyle?

Hi there. Most of the time, when an engine swap is completed, it’s with the precise engine that was offered in the vehicle you currently own. This is done to ensure you don’t have misalignment issues, problems with transmission or drive line components fitting. In theory, if the Freestyle engine is the same size and has similar fuel and electronic package as the Taurus, the engine swap would "work". As this is not a service we offer at YourMechanic.com, you might want to consult with a local service shop that does offer this service to see if they’d recommend this swap and what (if any) fabrication or upgrades are required for a smooth transition.