Q: Temp going up and down and jerking while driving.

asked by on February 06, 2017

Last year during the summer the check engine light started coming on all of the time. My temperature gauge would go up and down all of the time so my husband replaced it. Every once in awhile the car would jerk. Everything had stopped for a little while from about the fall time until about 2 weeks ago. That's when I was stopped at a light and when the light turned green I went to go, but my car died while I was turning. No lights came on to indicate what it was. My fuel pump was replaced. My car has been jerking while I'm driving (it was jerking before the fuel pump was replaced too). This morning I tried to start my car and it finally started in the 3rd try. Oh btw, my husband has removed the air bubbles out of the coolant several times thinking that this might be the problem. Any thoughts or suggestions as to what could be going wrong? Thank you.

The issue seems to be the head gasket is burned on your vehicle. The coolant is getting into the cylinders and the combustion gases are getting into the cooling system. This would explain why the engine would jerk when driving and why the coolant will get hot and cool off many times. I recommend seeking out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you diagnose your engine overheating condition.