Q: Slowing pull to right

My ESP or Electronic Stability Program light came on my dashboard and started to blink after I had been driving for an hour. My car suddenly started getting very slow and was pulling to the right. At first I thought I had a flat right front tire. Then my Brake Assist System and ESP light stayed on at the same time. This happened once every few days. Then after driving for 2 hours it happened every few feet. But then it was OK. Luckily I was almost home. Do you know what’s going on with my car? I don't want to go get it serviced and be taken advantage of. I want to go there with some knowledge of the problem.

The ESP means there is a fault detected in the stability system. Wheel speed sensors are a common cause of ESP issues and most likely will log a fault. The faults should be read out of the ESP module. Another common issue on the Mercedes is a failed brake light switch. This not only illuminates the ESP light but often also the BAS light. You may want to enlist the help of a mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who has the training and access to manufacturer data in order to diagnose and repair the ESP malfunction.

3. Slowing pull to right