Q: Flat towing / locate accessery position of key

asked by on September 30, 2016

We want to flat tow vehicle behind an RV. We have Oxbow towing hookup. In what position do we put the key on so it doesn't drain battery?

In order to tow this vehicle behind an RV you will want to have the vehicle in neutral with the key in the off poition. When the vehicle’s transmission is in neutral, the steering wheel is unlocked. This will enable the vehicle to be towed without anything dangerous happening. This will also not use any power from the battery during the time that the vehicle is being towed.