Q: I have dry rot on all 4 tires on my 2007 Toyota Corolla. I bought the car several months ago and dealership said they would replac

I bought a 2007 toyota Corolla 10 months ago from a dealership. I found out all the tires have dry rot. Dealership is willing to replace two front tires only. That will mean there is uneven tread. Is that safe?

Hello, thank you for writing in. Having the two front tires is typically priority for a couple of reasons. One being the front tires support the engine and transmission, meaning they hold a majority of the weight. The vehicle is also front wheel drive, which means they take the forces from the steering as well. As far as the tread is concerned, the tires on the front are likely going to wear down faster than the back, but the tread between the two front tires should not wear unevenly. If the tread is wearing unevenly (as in only on the inside or outside of the tires, or more on the left than the right), then there is likely an alignment issue as well. Replacing the two front tires is done often, and wont cause any extra harm to the rear tires. It may not be ideal, and true dry rot can be dangerous and lead to blow outs. The condition of the remaining two tires needs to be eventuated. For more help, contact our service department to schedule an appointment.

3. I have dry rot on all 4 tires on my 2007 Toyota Corolla. I bought the car several months ago and dealership said they would replac