I have a 94 ford. The distributor was in the wrong spot....

Q: I have a 94 ford. The distributor was in the wrong spot. Where should the rotor face on the cap to signify cylinder number one?

Has a 302 that is missing new plug and wire the man that. Had it before me got it out of time I just know to point the distributor button to the number one plug or on the cap on a ford I have the engine tdc

Hi there. The distributor rotor should face the number one on the distributor with the number one cylinder on the compression stroke with both the rocker arms for the intake and exhaust valves shut. The back of the distributor has a locking tab. The second tab from the back locking tab going clockwise is number one. Cylinder 1 should be up and at top dead center with the rotor facing that port. If the rotor is not facing that port, then the distributor will need to be pulled out and realigned. If you need further assistance with your ignition timing, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.