Q: The only way I can deactivate the alarm at this moment is by turning on the car.

I used to be able to shut off the alarm by using the buttons in the car keys. Those are no longer working properly. Now I have to turn off the alarm by turning on the car. The problem is that when I open the door the alarm activates itself. I'd like to know if there's any way I can deactivate the alarm temporarily until I go to a Mitsubishi service provider.

A: Hello, thanks for writing in to YourMechani...

Hello, thanks for writing in to YourMechanic. Most cars support a "reset" mode for the alarm that works as follows: close all doors and lock the car with the key in the drivers door. After 2-3 minutes, unlock the driver door with the key, then start the car with the key. This should reset the alarm. If you need assistance with this, consider YourMechanic, as one of our mobile technicians can come to your home or office to diagnose the issue with your alarm firsthand.