Q: What can I do to get my car running? It tries to crank and start but it struggles.

Tge car was running real good and smooth then u hard a loud clunk and then went to check the starter and the nose of the starter was broke and took the starter back to oreillys and got a new one put it back in the car and now it just cranks it tries very hard to start but just cranks on and off

A: If the car is cranking strong with the new ...

If the car is cranking strong with the new starter, and just won’t fire up, it’s time to re-check the basics. Check for a good spark at the plugs. If spark is good, try spraying a bit of starter fluid while starting. If you get a quick start up, then it dies, you’ve got a fuel problem - low/no fuel pressure, dirty injectors, clogged fuel filter, fuel pump fuse, relay or pump issues.

Also, given your mileage, the timing gear/chain set may be worn enough to throw the timing off to the point where it won’t start from bad spark timing.

I would recommend having your car’s starting issue inspected by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, to diagnose this problem, get an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.