Q: Car not going into gear

My car will not go into gear.

Not able to change gears Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

There could be many reasons as to why a vehicle may not want to shift into gear. We would have to know if the transmission is automatic or manual, and the exact nature of the problem. If it is automatic, it could range from a problem with an electric switch, to a shift linkage problem. If it is manual, that may indicate a problem with the clutch, or shift linkage. Modern transmissions are complicated machines, so closer inspection of your transmission is recommended in order to determine the proper course of repair.