Q: Chemical..front seat.. smell after it sits overnight

Had power steering fluid leak fixes a month agao

A: If I am reading this right, it seems as tho...

If I am reading this right, it seems as though you are saying that you recently has a power steering fluid leak fixed, and now after the car sits overnight, there is a chemical smell while sitting in the front seats.

There is a chance that after the repair, the residue from the leak was not cleaned up properly. Any residual power steering fluid that leaked from the system could be causing this smell, and I would suggest having the engine and engine bay properly cleaned and maybe even detailed. If the insulation under the hood was soaked in power steering fluid, that may need to be replaced as well. If after addressing the potential causes listed above, you are still noticing a foul smell, then you should consider having a qualified professional reexamine the engine for any other leaks or sources of the smell. YourMechanic is a great way to find a professional technician, who will perform the work for you at your home or office.

Our certified mechanics come to you 銉籅acked by 12-month, 12,000-mile guarantee銉籉air and transparent pricing